Dr Naseem Naqvi FRCP FHEA MAcadMed MSc (Blockchain) FBBA
Dr Naseem Naqvi founded and established the British Blockchain Association. He works full time as a senior medical doctor on NHS front lines, and devotes every evening, weekend and precious family time to furthering the UK’s standing in this sector.
Dr Naqvi has transformed the UK (and indeed global) landscape of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT). He played a primordial role in this, and raising the profile of Britain globally in the field, as he heads the BBA, one of the largest blockchain associations in the world.
Before Dr Naqvi, the UK had no national blockchain association to assume the necessary leadership role and represent blockchain both in Britain and abroad. He was the man who stepped up and took the lead:
- Set up UK’s first national Blockchain association and appointed advisors from: Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales and an international advisory board of global leaders from: Singapore, India, USA, Africa, Israel, Mexico, Italy, Nigeria, Australia and France.
- He has set up the world’s first scientific, peer-reviewed, open-access blockchain research journal, the Journal of the British Blockchain Association (JBBA), which is available both in print and online. In 2020, during the global pandemic, Naseem oversaw and led the publication of two issues of the JBBA, whilst working full time on the NHS front lines.
- Naseem has established a global, inter-connected network of thought-leaders in the field of Blockchain: The JBBA’s editorial and review boards now have advisors from 58 countries.
- He has established and chaired three International Scientific Conferences – the ISCs, which are now a flagship annual scientific event for blockchain professionals in the world.
- He has given over 300 talks (45+ keynotes) on blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- He has represented Britain at international conferences in Indonesia, at UK trade finance summit, and the 2019 and 2020 Blockchain Expo of industry experts.
- Dr Naqvi’s commitment to evidence based practice led him to establish the world’s first Centre for Evidence-Based Blockchain (CEBB) in 2019, a transnational Think-Tank of blockchain academics, industry experts and universities in 6 continents. The Open University, the UK’s largest university, is a member of CEBB along with 11 other prestigious international universities.
- Dr Naqvi was awarded an MSc in Blockchain & Cryptocurrency (with the prestigious Genesis Block Scholarship for ‘Exceptional & Notable contributions to Blockchain Technology & Cryptocurrencies’), whilst fulfilling all his duties as a front-line medical doctor. He has continued to work full time for the NHS during the COVID pandemic while running the BBA.
At Blockchain International Scientific Conference ISC2020, UK
Dr Naseem Naqvi’s Bio:
FRCP(Edin) FRCP(Glasg) FRCP(London) FHEA(UK) MAcadMed(UK) FBBA(UK) MSc (Blockchain)
Founder and President of The British Blockchain Association (October 2017 – till date)
Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of The British Blockchain Association (The JBBA) (Dec 2017 – till date)
Founding Chair of Blockchain International Scientific Conferences (Since August 2018)
(Chaired ISC2019, London, ISC2020 Edinburgh and ISC2021(online)
Founder and Chair of the Centre for Evidence-Based Blockchain: (Since Marc 2019)
Founding Chair of Research & Education Group at Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
Founding Chair, Blockchain Associations Forum (BAF), since March 2021
Chairing 2nd Blockchain International Scientific Conference ISC2020
Chairing 1st Blockchain International Scientific Conference ISC2019
Giving Keynotes, Tutorials and Workshops at Universities around the globe
Accolades and appreciation from Her Majesty, The Queen
Naseem lives in England with his wife and two young kids. He plays cricket, loves music and enjoys travelling.